Patients have an option for further testing panels.
As a Clinical Naturopath our pathology request forms state “Non Medicare Funding” and a patient must pay for all tests upfront as an out of pocket expense directly to the laboratory.
Numerous pathology and laboratory tests are available to patients including:
- Australian Clinical Labs (Healthscope)
Testing is available for:
- Food intolerance
- Food allergy
- Chemical allergy
- Hormonal profiles
- Fertility profiles for male and female
- Heavy metals
- Thyroid panels (including antibodies, T3/RT3 reverse T3 ratios)
- Adrenal profiles
- Sleep hormones
- Comprehensive stool analysis
- Parasitic testing
- Tick infections (overseas lab)
- Helicobacter pylori
- Intestinal permeability (leaky gut)
- Pyrolles/pyroluria/mauve factor (mental health)
- Neurotransmitter profiles (mental health)
- Cardiovascular profiles
- Neuroendocrine markers (mental health)
- Liver function detoxification profiles
- Copper and ceruplasmin (mental health, dyslexia, physical ticks)
- MTHR gene
- Iron ferritin
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamins, minerals, and anti oxidants
- Blood sugar control (HbA1c)
- Blood group
- Full blood count
- Autism association panels
- Osteoporosis risk assessment
- Fructose malabsorption and SIBO
The cost of tests range from $25 – $1000.
If you wish to arrange for further testing, we can discuss this during an appointment.
Testing is only an option. It is not compulsory.
There often is enough information gained by case taking to be able to design a successful “naturopathic treatment plan” that tests are not always necessary.
If you have not had any tests run by your doctor in the last 2 years, we can often work with your GP as your first step in testing panels, and possibly have the tests covered by Medicare.
It is useful for health prevention to ask your GP for routine blood test screening every 2-3 years.
The additional out of pocket tests mentioned above are useful if you have seen Dr after Dr, allied health practitioner after practitioner and tried treatment after treatment with no results and are searching for answers.
If you can afford it, the results are useful as case studies providing scientific evidence supporting the validation of the successful treatments in the clinical naturopathic field.
In Clinic Tests Available
- Live blood viewing, can be performed during an appointment for an additional $30. Please notify at time of booking.
- Zinc tally tests, blood pressure, blood glucose, saliva pH, iridology (basic assessment), BMI and body measurement assessments can be provided for free during appointment.